Weird HUH..? THANKS for the input Fingers

This starter Vernon tried to install is for forklifts & farm equipment (I bought it from a govt online auction) ~ he said the cone was preventing it from seating all the way into the bell housing & he was unable to get the 2nd hold down bolt started..! The starter that fits my truck is the open face type (my truck is 5 speed manual tranny) ~ some of the auto parts stores & RockAuto show the cone & open face starters reversed as to which starter fits which transmission auto or manual ~ also, these starters are only for years 1985 and 1986 trucks (per the Mitsu Part #s)

I wished it wooduh fit my truck because it's about 2.5lbs lighter than my starter WHATEVER MORE WEIRD is Vernon was able to diagnose 'n fix my old starter, problem was loose wire connections, now the truck starts fine again PLUS has much less misfires ~ must be the loose wires effected more than just the starter..!

BTW my truck's starter has 4 wires connected to it & this auction starter only has 3 (4th wire is white not sure what or why it's there..?)

Now-A-days ya gotta be very careful what you buy online ~ half the crap don't fit or is fake Made in China stuff

I posted a FREE starter in Parts Wanted section; buyer pays shipping ~ USPS Flat Rate box is cheapest shipping method...

Other things reversed or typo'd into auto parts is spark plugs for my truck ~ the owners handbook says use NGK heat range 5 but most places wanna sell NGK heat range 6 (colder) which I did try but those #6 plugs are way too cold and fouled up right away...

I just noticed Claych's post above in this thread shows a photo of the cone type starter he used which fit his truck AND THE CONE LOOOKS TO BE SHORTER than the cone on this auction starter..? Dang, am I learning something new about these starters..?

My Little Brain needs a break :^)
George

P/S. In a few days I should receive some parts from MEGAZIP & AMAYAMA and if they fit I will post a thread about it <---- IF THEY FIT..?