Array
    Status
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Stock power upgrades & swap questions

Hi I bought this 86 Mighty Max about 3 months ago, and while I'm having a blast with it, I can't shake the feeling I want more power. It's a 2.0 5 speed truck, and based on projectzerog's website I think a 6 bolt. For now I was planning on doing a carb swap to a Weber 38dges.

I do want to do a header swap and a full exhaust but I don't know where I can find any because most header posts on here seem to be one by order. If anybody has any sources/links on those I'd be very appreciative.

My second thing regards 7 bolt 4g63t crankwalk. Just by doing my small amount of research I've seen people recommend to put 6 bolt 4g63ts in these trucks if doing the swap. However, trying to find a 6 bolt from a jdm engine dealer, since I'd like to not buy a dsm just for the motor, I've seen that these motors are much more expensive than the 7 bolts. So that lead me back to the question of are 7 bolts all that bad?
    I guess my question in all of this is do low mile 7 bolt 4g63t experience crankwalk to the point of damaging the motor on stock horsepower levels?

Finally my 3rd question is kind of a combo. What are guys doing about the thermostat and heater hoses. In my theory crafting I was thinking of doing a remote thermostat housing, but I don't know how hard that would be since I've never welded or fabbed anything extensively. Secondly what are guys doing about the heater core hoses because of the cam position sensor. I'd like to keep my heat so i was wondering if anybody does something like a 90 to clear the cam position sensor.

Any feedback is appreciated, cheers.
    Attached Images