Array
    Status
    Lloydminster Alberta
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

4g64t, 4L80, 4 link build

Just want to start off by saying I had fat fingers earlier with my username so now it makes no sense to me haha.

My vehicle history...

- First real build was a 1989 Dodge Colt that I put a 4g63t into, then made it AWD after I wrecked the FWD trans. It was fun, quick, and ugly. It had multiple stages of life and the latest turbo I had was a 60-1 something or other about 15 years ago.

- Next one was a 1992 BMW E36 from Japan. Put a built LS3 into it with a t56, then upgraded the rear diff to a ford 8.8 with the independent rear suspension still. Put way too much money in it, loved the chassis, weight balance, and the power. Was just a pain to do anything under the hood with the engine, not enough room. It was 11.81 seconds at 120 mph I believe.

And now I have the Ram 50. Multiple other vehicles in between but nothing of any major importance. I picked this one up this last spring with the intent of building it. It ran like crap. The fuel tank was full of rust, fuel pump prefilter was cut off, a cheap/low pressure fuel pump was in the tank, tiny speaker wire was used from the pump to the chassis connector which was also just bare wires twisted together sitting exposed 1 inch below the box, and the air flow sensor was failed.

Removed the original wide block 2.4. Positioned the narrow block 2.4 with the gm 4L80 trans bolted to it using Hinchers setup. Made my motor mounts to move the motor forward. Installed new cams and rockers in the head along with a truck water pump. Went with the thermostat housing that comes straight out to the side. I have a new crank and rods to make it a 2.1 destroked engine which is the future plans of this block.

The aluminum rad is what I had installed in the talon previously, it fits amazingly well with a new bracket. The sides of the bracket bolt to the factory rad mounts, the bottom of the new rad mount has tabs that the rad posts sit in with a layer of rubber between them, the top of the bracket has tabs that bolt down with rubber again on the top posts.

The intercooler is what was in the talon too. Can't remember the exact dimensions on it but its 3.5" thick and fits behind the factory grill and bumper. The outlet ended up right below the battery tray and will be cut shorter yet, the inlet will be shortened once the turbo is in its new home. Ignore the headlights in the picture, the previous owner did those lol.
    Attached Images