I have a 1990 MM 2.4L 4G64. Recently, I had the water pump break and I had to haul ass home. I ran 12 miles for 75MPH while it was below 30 out. The truck never hit the red line on the temp, and it made it home and backed up and I turned it off. It wasn't pinging or any such things. Now, it will not start.

I've replaced the water pump. I made sure to check all the timing and reline everything up. I put it to TDC on compression stroke, and every single notch lined up, from the crankshaft to the camshaft, oil pump and balance shaft. I experimented with flipping the plug wires, but it is new wires, plugs, cap and rotor bug. I found the truck was a quart low on oil, but it burnt oil beforehand and I figure running it like an air cooled go-cart didn't help. The most I've gotten was a backfire.

Now, the engine isn't like the majority of the 4g64s I've seen online. I think it's the original style. It uses a spring style tensioner for the timing belt. I think it is the 8 valve SOHC, because that is the one I've seen is a non-interference motor, and I have heard no noises cranking the motor with a starter, by hand, or driving it home that would have remotely sounded like what I imagine a bent valve would sound like. I have a remanned ECM with less than 5K miles on it that I installed when I bought the truck, and played with the timing, to get it to start and run. The truck has a new fuel pump, filter, plugs, wires, distro cap, rotor bug, and starter.

When I changed the water pump I did have to pull a chunk of fin out that tried to go into the hole into the block. But I hear NOTHING rattling around. I can smell gas and see it on the plugs, at least plug 1 and 4, and both sparked. The spark seemed to go between a blue fire, and a yellow fire.

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Do I have to get a new ECM because my remanned decided to do the notorious thing of screwing up on the injectors?