Greetings, all. I've been experiencing an issue under medium/hard braking. I have a Redline Weber 32/36 and am running a smaller Summit Racing brake booster.

The Weber runs great, brakes feel fine, under light braking, in gear. Bled brakes multiple times, confident there is no air in lines.

Vacuum line to booster is at the stock location on the intake manifold, by the #4 cylinder.

The reason for the booster, is my truck is on air suspension, with a body drop. I needed a smaller diameter booster, for wheel tub clearance. I've had a single diaphragm booster and a dual diaphragm booster, both of which had the same dying issue.

21" of vacuum at idle, 10-15" of vacuum at medium/heavy throttle load. 21-25" vacuum at light throttle while cruising.

Vacuum gauge bounces somewhere around 10-15" of vacuum when experiencing the dying issue. Depending on how careful I brake, the truck will sometimes recover on it's own. I usually heel/toe, to keep it from dying.

Questions
1. Has anyone ever experienced this?

2. I've heard the Weber carb described as "a vacuum beast" what does that mean?

3. I have one vacuum source available on my stock manifold, under the carb. Would this equalize the vacuum and help the dying issue?

4. Will a vacuum reservoir between the factory port on the manifold and the booster help my issue?