Array
    Status
    Murphy, NC
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

1991 mighty max 2.4L crank no spark

hi everyone, i’m not sure where to start this is my first forum post ever lol.. but anyways.

I have a 1991 max 2.4L that cut out on me while driving. just dead in the water, shut off and lost all power.
    I got it towed home, and after some diagnosing i found i didn’t have any spark coming from my coil so i bought a new one, installed it, and yet she’s still as dead as a door nail in the spark department. i’m not really sure what to do anymore, i’ve checked my fuses on the battery terminal and they look like they aren’t blown but i know they can be hard to tell sometimes.

I know this is kind of a basket case of a sickness to solve but i’m just wondering if there’s anyone here that’s had the same issues as i have and could give me some pointers on what to check out next. thank you for reading thus far

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    check the wiring to the igniter. had the same thing recently.

Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Murphy, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Well, i gave all that a check and nothing was out of place, burnt, or torn.
    So i had it towed to a shop, and upon doing such i’ve learned my timing belt broke. Now i’m just hoping that i have an 8 valve sohc and not a 16, as the 16s are supposedly interference while the 8s are not.
    i just reaaally don’t want to have to get a new engine or at least valves & a head.

Array
    Status
    Sawyer, Oklahoma
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Good info !
    Thanks

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    your truck is an 8 valve 4g64 - non-interference. Put new belts and a water pump, and you are good to go!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Murphy, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    So it’s been a couple months and it’s been all good since. i just had the shop do it, it wasn’t too bad expensive and i just didn’t have the time to then. they didn’t replace the water pump when they did the belt and the crank seal which i’m thinking now i probably should’ve got done.
    Transmissions a little sloppy though.. i’m thinking that’s gonna go out before anything else does. has anyone on here ever had an auto rebuilt? and if so, was it super expensive?