Array
    Status
    Bakersfield , ca
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G61

Waterpump heavily leaking

I have a 1992 mighty max 2.4L and when I get it started or if its just parked with the engine off the waterpump leaks so bad that all my fluid comes right out and the pulley wobbles alot I bought a new waterpump and gasket how hard is it to replace the waterpump myself?

Array
    Status
    Bakersfield , ca
    Vehicle

Engine

4G61
    Ok I changed my waterpump it was bad but since I've changed the waterpump my coolant Reservoir is bubbling like crazy and the truck gets extremely hot to where its steaming out the overflow tube and I don't understand why its bubbling or overheating because it wasn't before I replaced the water pump i checked my thermostat its opening fine jiggler is on top also the heater never blows hot air even when the truck is warmed up or overheating and one other thing is on my old waterpump the weeping hole (i think thats what its called) is on the bottom of the pump and on the new one its on top dose that matter at all? Any advice would be greatly appreciated i know I have alot of work to do on this truck it was my fiance's grandpas truck he had given it to her before he passed 2 years ago so its very sentimental to us to keep it going thanks again hope to hear back from anyone with advice

Array
    Status
    tucson az
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G61
    ive been working on cars since 1981... I have never seen the hole on top of any water pump... ever.... they are always on the bottom to drain if they fail... I think you might have gotten the wrong pump..

Array
    Status
    Bakersfield , ca
    Vehicle

Engine

4G61
    The pump is exactly the same in ever way where the holes are the shape it mounted up exactly perfect except the hole is on top, do you think it could be a defective part maybe they put the hole in the wrong spot appreciate the help