Array
    Status
    Winter Park, FL
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Window regulator talk

I recently picked up a '94 Sport which I see in the stash of receipts I received it has had a new drivers regulator installed. This past weekend the window handle decided to fall off, thinking maybe the clip just wasn't installed correctly. What it appears is the clip didnt slide in the slot past the splines, the slot for the clip is way too far in, also the splines are tapered at the end for eazy handle starting but with this it's not making a full contact with the plastic handle splines, all this together makes it feel like there stripped out. Is this just a cheap regulator? Are they all made like that with a taper and no spline? If the handle had deeper splines inside it might work...

Array
    Status
    Central Texas
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Drive side window crank issues. I been there, wait I am still there.
    As far as I know I still have the originals in my 1992 MM. I took the crank off to replace the internals but never got to it. I still have it laying apart. I can measure some distances for you so you can compare to what you have. I do remember it having been a rather pesky task to get the crank off the regulator as the clip indeed sits in rather deep.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Could be you just need to insert the clip into its slot in the handle, apply the handle onto the regulator spindle, then smack it with a rubber mallet or similar to get the clip over the spindle shoulder and deep enough to engage the groove on the spindle?
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    What SubGothius said, just put it into the position you want it in for the position the window is in and push it in until the clip catches.

Array
    Status
    Winter Park, FL
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    UPDATE! I removed the regulator and found it's one of the cheap o China replacement regulators with sponge for rollers...complete junk. On further investigation the grooves are cut to deep down on the splines, the clip doesn't even come close to clipping in. So off to the junkyard and I found a good used regulator ....nylon rollers and the correct indexed slot for the clip...Winning