Array
    Status
    Santa Teresa, New Mexico
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

92 No spark, no start.

I have a 92 MM, 2.4 4g64. i have changed the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, ignition coil, and battery. I have no spark to the plugs, it turns but just wont start. I cant seem to find the correct distributor to purchase which is why i havent replaced the actual distributor, but i do have power going through the plug to it, so idk what the problem is..

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Have you checked that you've got power to the coil (+) terminal when the key is in the Run position?

Have you checked or replaced the ignition control module (ICM)? I think the FI trucks still have one of those as an independent unit inside the distributor, mounted to the advance plate. It's what the small-wire pigtail between the coil and dizzy connects to inside the dizzy. Not sure if/how the ICM can be checked, but they're fairly cheap to just replace, and pretty universal to Mitsu models of the era.

If the new ICM doesn't come with a packet of heat sink/thermal compound/paste/grease (terminology varies), get some of that too; it goes between the metal bottom of the ICM and the advance plate in the dizzy. AutoZone used to carry it under their Duralast house brand, but can't find it on their site now, might be some available in-shop if you just go in and ask about it.

BestBuy stocks some too; this one's on sale/clearance now:
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/thermal...?skuId=4407100

This stuff should work too, tho' it's a lot more than you'll ever need:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lu...8003/202932736

Some suggest using plain clear silicone dielectric grease, which most thermal compounds use as a base, but the white/grey types with heat-conductive particles in the mix work better.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Jamestown, NY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    I have a 91 Ram 50 with 4G64. After reading many posts on this site about folks with similar issues and months of troubleshooting I finally found the source of the no spark issue. For me it was a bad connection in the connecting plug for the power transistor. I happened to probe it to check for signaling and I inadvertently pushed the connector pin back in place enough to make a good connection. The engine fired right up and runs great. Not sure if anyone sells the connectors separately anymore but if so, I would buy one and replace mine. My luck, I would probably have to buy the entire harness. Anyway. Not sure if this helps but I thought I would share. Hope you get yours running.

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    you can get a pigtail here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173410542177

had the same issue a while back. somehow the connector failed.