Thread: Inertia switch for fuel pump circuit.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Inertia switch for fuel pump circuit.

Has anyone installed one? Where? What brand?
    I'm going to change the fuel pump wiring from oil pressure switch to a relay. I figured adding one of these would be a good idea to. I'm not sure how to pick one other than to get the one in the demo vid.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I cleaned up that old system. didn't even have to run a new power wire to the pump. I just tied into it in the engine bay. The kit makes a real difference. I have over heat probs I am going to try to solve with an electric fan. But the heat seems to lower the oil pressure so much I lose fuel and it starts bucking. I just drove it in mild heat through the hills and it was like a dream. I feel like it is a new truck. No hesitations up or down.
    It gave me fits at first then I figured out the black wire with yellow stripe is power when staring only. It is the black wire red stripe that is on when the key is on.
    The seller was very cool. It was running late so he shipped me another kit FedEx! He's JDM Performance Parts on eBay.
    I'm probably going to use a First Inertia crash detector switch. I saw a MR50 link that said to mount it up front in the engine bay. I think I'll put it on the firewall.