Array
    Status
    Hendersonville Tn
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Its hot as balls and i need ac

Quick rundown. Y’all were a BIG help to me the last time I had a question months ago and I’m forever grateful! NOW I still have
    the same 89 ram-50 2.6. The truck has 90k original miles. The AC has never worked since I purchased the truck from the original
    owner last summer. Keep in mind, im fairly mechanically inclined but refrain from ever referring to myself as a “mechanic”, also HVAC and ac systems are my weakest area of expertise and knowledge by far. Google has led me down multiple rabbit holes and I am seeking help here that will get me going in the right direction hopefully. What should I do first, what should I check? I know there’s more than one way to skin a cat, but in my experience there is always 1 way that is the most efficient. Thank any/all of you for your help as it is SOOOOO greatly appreciated, as it was literally 100 degrees here in Tennessee today. 🔥☠️

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    chances are its leaked the gas out, but first check that the AC belt is connected, then you can check that the AC compressor clutch is kicking on when you turn the ac on.
    Theres a high pressure switch and a low pressure switch in the system, check that the loom is plugged into those
    after that you kind of need an AC pressure gauge to start testing high and low pressures.

Array
    Status
    Central Texas
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Not that I am fully sure about the 89 model but the gen 2's have an electronic box for the A/C. I had issues with my 91 on that all the soldered connector was all lose. This box can be found on the housing of the evap core inside the cab passenger side. Its between the center console mounted on the black plastic box under the dash. Not that difficult to get to once you see it laying down on the floor board.