Thread: New Member

Array
    Status
    Bat Cave, NC
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Newbie here. I learned to drive on an '86 ram 50 RWD,MT, No AC, no power steering and was an amazing way to learn. I am coming to the time when I need to teach my kids to drive too and I have started lookin around for these trucks. I am very interested in the diesel 4x4 trucks but have found much cheaper gas RWD versions out there. I know I want a Gen 1, But I am debating if it is worth spending more for the diesel 4x4, or if it would be better to save the money for the gas 2wd. Would love everyones input on these options.

Also: I know NOTHING about cars or fixing them and want to use this truck as an entry into learning and teaching myself how to work on trucks, possibly even with the kids so they dont grow up as clueless as thier father.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    hazzard IMHO stick with a gas engine truck & unless you really need 4x4 then RWD is perfectly just as cool & less to go wrong better MPG etc. I would try to get power steering tho ~ good luck...
    Daily Overhauls Do Get Expensive

Array
    Status
    Bat Cave, NC
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks, I have been reading the forums alot and learning tons lately. This is a great resource and extremely interesting to see what everyone has done with thier builds!