Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

G54B Engine Block Question

I'm trying to figure out what this is and where I can get a new one? It appears to have a very tiny little hole. This is the front of the engine block. Also, which side do the piston rods orient when installing them to the pistons? I know the pistons have an "arrow like mark" indicating the direction in which the pistons are to be installed in the engine block. Any help is well appreciated.

Attached Images
    Last edited by BJH324JH; 06-23-2024 at 11:53 PM.

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I figured out it's a timing chain oil squirter. Does anyone happen to have a part # for it to try and source it?

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by 85Ram50 View Post
    Thanks, that's a very nice source of information. I wasn't able to find it though. May anyone please help?

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by BJH324JH View Post
    I figured out it's a timing chain oil squirter. Does anyone happen to have a part # for it to try and source it?
    Is that photo you posted from another engine (not yours)? Or if that is yours, you do have that oil squirter present, so what's the problem you're having with it?
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    Is that photo you posted from another engine (not yours)? Or if that is yours, you do have that oil squirter present, so what's the problem you're having with it?
    The engine machine shop that last built my engine block did a horrible job. Sealant on the headgasket, poor quality pistons, leaks everywhere. Poor oil pressure. Headgasket failure. Now I'm fixing all their mistakes and rebuilding the engine myself. The problem is that they badly gouged the surface where the oil pump bolts onto. Now it made sense why the oil pressure light would take ages to go off. Before it came off instantly. So I welded up the gouges and now I need to have that surface, resurfaced. The only thing getting in the way is the timing chain oil squirter. I tried pulling it out, but failed. Now the only solution is to drill it out and press on a new timing chain oil nozzle after it gets resurfaced.