Status
    Cleveland, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Webber Carburator Fuel Pump

Hello,

Just ordered a 32/36 Carb after reading alot on these forums on how highly regarded they are, especially compared to the overengineered Mikinu. This will be my first time really modding a vehicle, I've only ever just replaced parts with stock, so venturing into this territory is a bit new for myself.

I had an inquiry. I am deleting the mechanical fuel pump and installing an electronic one. I'd like to replace the fuel filter considering the addition of the Webber and new pump. Just I am conflicted if the filter should go before or after the pump. If after, I could use the stock filter and just replace it, if before, I've seen a video use this filter, which I'd just rig before the pump. I've seen some use a filter before and after, but logically that doesn't make sense to me (if its filtered, its filtered, right?).

I also have some questions on EGR/emmissions, and vapor lock and how that works. But currently I'd just like to start with the basics.

Thank you

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I used an Airtex pump and installed it under the skirt behind the driver side of the cab. I kept the OE fuel filter and have recently rewired it with a relay kit from the interweb. It works better than the oil pressure switch I originally went with. Here are pics of how I installed the pump. I used a piece of sheet metal bent it to fit and bolted it in when I got the mounts on it.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Looks like that pump you chose already comes with a screw-in mini filter on the intake side, so you could just stick with that.

For replacement filters, looks like that unit would be a Wix 33046 or Mr. Gasket 1242G (or other equivalents).
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Cleveland, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    Looks like that pump you chose already comes with a screw-in mini filter on the intake side, so you could just stick with that.

For replacement filters, looks like that unit would be a Wix 33046 or Mr. Gasket 1242G (or other equivalents).
    Oh, haha, I feel pretty silly now, canceled the order. That makes me feel a bit better. Is the OEM filter neccessary then (As in, do I need two filters)? I'll be replacing it if I keep it.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    You won't need to keep the OEM filter, since that was a pre-pump filter for the mechanical fuel pump attached to the engine, and your new electric pump already has a pre-pump filter of its own.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I would keep the oem filter. Bigger and better than the little ones that come on a pump. Doesn’t hurt to have the big one before the pump.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com