Hi, new to the forum. Have been looking through posts for information, but could use some help.
91 2.4 engine

Quick version: engine stalls when giving gas. No codes, plugs were black/soot. Timing has been checked. Tps i believe is out of range (.525v) that was the lowest i could adjust it too. Hard to start. Sometimes takes a few tries. Will pop at idle sometimes. Sprayed carb cleaner to check for leaks. Didn't find anything.

More info:
Previous owner said it had timing belt and water pump replaced. Said he replaced the injectors thinking they were bad, but turned out some connectors were not attached but he replaced them anyways. Truck will move if you don't give it gas, but once you do it falls flat its face. As mentioned there are no codes. Consistent blips on the meter from the diagnostic port. He said he checked fuel pressure and it was good. I have not confirmed.

Im wondering if the tps could cause this condition? As mentioned i had to max out the turn just to get down near .52v. From what i saw on the forum it should be .48-.52v.

Owner said it never ran right when he got it from the previous owner before him, but he was able to drive it home (barely). Truck sat for about a year before we got it.