Array
    Status
    Sutherlin, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Manual Transmission Nightmare

Last year I bought an 89 Ram50. I was told truck had an 83' 2.6 and manual transmission swapped in. Transmission failed a few months ago. Ive found an old km132 narrow block transmission, but it is full of rust. I found a wide block km132 out of a starion. I need to check engine code because, im starting to think my truck has the 2.0 g63b engine in it.Im either going to have to rebuild transmission myself, or find a bellhousing adapter. Not sure what to do.

Array
    Status
    Rochester, MN
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I've rebuilt two of the narrowblock KM132's at this point. This guide from Starquest club is extremely helpful: https://www.starquestclub.com/forum/...-transmission/

The internals between the wideblock and narrowblock are the same as far as I know, I have two narrows and a wideblock from a Starion that I am going to be using for parts. Either way, you should be able to use the good parts out of whichever transmission does not fit in the one that does, if necessary.

That being said, both of my rebuilt narrowblocks have failed (One was my fault, didn't resurface the mainshaft to save money and it's now making confetti in there).

If you do decide to rebuilt, it really isn't that difficult. Hardest thing is staying organized, and getting creative without the right tools. If you decide to go that route, I've learned a couple tricks that may come in handy