Array
    Status
    Palmyra, Illinois
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Carburetor Woes

I am wondering what type of Mikuni Carb I have? I have looked on the carb as best as I could to see what model specific it is. Are all of them the same?

I have '88 Ram with the 2.0

It's running rough and me and a guy are thinking that it's the carb. He is willing to rebuild it because I don't know much about these Mikuni's except for what I have seen and heard on here about that they are a pain in the rear.

I did buy a Weber 32/36 off of Facebook marketplace and the guy that is willing to help me doesn't think that I need to go that route yet since he is pretty much set on rebuilding the carb for me.

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The model number of the 87-89 Ram 50 carburetors is 32-35DIDEF-4##. The three number extension identifies the engine size, transmission type and emission requirements for which the carburetor is configured, but the carburetor is basically the same for all three years. If it isn’t worn way, the model number is on the carburetor top next to the air horn.

Rebuilding this Mikuni is a challenge. There’s only one rebuild kit available for the 32-35DIDEF and it doesn’t contain everything you may need. Parts like the feedback solenoid, bowl vent and mixture control valves are not included and if needed, finding them can be very difficult and expensive.
    Your best bet is to convert to the Weber. There are many threads on this site concerning Weber installations as well as active members who have made the switch. They can be very helpful during your conversion.
    Attached Images