Thread: Galant exhaust manifold on 1st gen d50?

Array
    Status
    Gainesville Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Galant exhaust manifold on 1st gen d50?

Hi everyone new member Been lurking awhile. The facebook groups don't have that many good followers it seems. So here I am asking anyone left on the forum for some help. My exhaust manifold is cracked if course. I've got a line to buy one from a 88 but in the meantime I thought I'd look at possible other solutions. No more headers and even if there were I can't afford them. I bought a manifold off a 2.0 galant thinking it would fit it is paired port like my truck (1985) but it's to long it hits the exhaust manifold if anyone has experience or knows anyway to get a little more room around the engine mount so that this will fit please chime in.

Array
    Status
    Rochester, MN
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Any possibility of welding the cracked one? Doesn't have to be pretty to work, although it helps. I've got an extra manifold, no idea what condition it's in though

Array
    Status
    Gainesville Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Idk possibly..I wanted to avoid it because it's that weird one that has the giant bottom that bolts directly to the catalytic converter. But I found somebody selling one from a later model that I'm going to try to buy that is a like a "normal" manifold. Worse comes to worse I would try to weld it but it's a massive crack to lol.