Array
    Status
    Norway
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4G63

1st gen revisions

Does anyone know how many revisions and major changes there were in the first generation, and what makes them different?

I noticed a lot of differences between a 82-model I rescued yesterday (DL022G), and my 85-model (DL026G).
    Most of these seem to be the difference between US and EU-inspired interior from my opinion. Some of these might just be differences in the trim level.

For example:

• Instrument cluster
      On the '82 it has large square dials with text above the indicator lights, but on the '85 it has hexagon-style dials with only icons in the indicator lights.
    • Combination switches
      The '82 has only a turn signal stalk, while lights and wipers are pull-switches. On the '85 theres a combination switch for turn signal and lights, and an own stalk for the wipers on the right.
    • Headlights
      Large single square lights for each headlight in the '82, while the '85 has small dual square lights.
      The grille is also a bit different because of this.
    • Seats/bench
      The headrests of the '82 are shaped differently, and are small at the top and widens out as it "melts" into the back of the bench. The headrests of the '82 are almost square and just go straight down into the back of the bench.
    • Engine:
      Looks pretty similar, but there are many differences. I believe both of these are 4G63?

I will add more whenever I discover them, and provide some comparison pictures tomorrow. These are pretty interesting, especially if you're looking for replacement parts.

Feel free to comment with you own experience between different models!

Comparsion images '82 (DL022G) vs '85 (DL026G):

Dashboard comparison:

Engine comparison:

Attached Images
    Last edited by ostlar; 10-13-2024 at 07:50 AM.
    I rescued one of the last roadworthy 1st gen. in Norway in 2019.
    Trying my best to keep it alive and well!

Thread