Status
    South Carolina
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

2nd gen manual hub replacements

Hey y'all

Finally decided to take a look at the hubs on my 1990 Mighty Max to try to determine why they weren't locking. I put the truck up on jacks stands and put the truck in 4 low and then shifted it in reverse and then forward and sure enough the original auto hubs would not lock. Also of note, only 1 axle shaft in the front was spinning, but I assume that's because the front diff is open? There's no diff lock control anywhere in the cab, so I assume these trucks just have open diffs. I removed the auto hubs and took a look at them. One appeared to be in decent shape but the other looked pretty rough on the inside. I decided to just replace them with manual locking hubs, but I'm having difficulty finding any options from a good quality brand. I can find plenty of cheap options by looking up "L200 free hubs" on ebay, but I'm dubious of the quality or fit on my truck. Anyone got any recommendations or pointers on what to search for?

Much appreciated!

-Cole

Array
    Status
    South Carolina
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I should note, I also manually spun the front tires forward and backward and the auto hubs still did not lock.

Array
    Status
    North Dakota
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B