Array
    Status
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Other

Exclamation Starting Issues

I have an 86 Power Ram 50 with the 2.6L and stock Mikuni carb that has sat for years. I got the carb rebuilt and have some issues. For starters, I currently do not have an ignition lock and key cylinder, to start the truck I am sticking a key in the ignition switch itself. First problem I see is that if I open the throttle, I do not see any gas coming into the carb. When I go to start it (pouring gas into carb) it will start but die the second I return the ignition switch to the on position. As long as the starter is going it continues to run. I have all of the fuel lines run to the carb but do not see any fuel going into it, yet my mechanical fuel pump is brand new and works. I cannot tell if this is a carb issue preventing it from idling or if the ignition switch needs to be in the cylinder to idle. Regardless I have a brand new ignition switch with the cylinder on the way.

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Fix the ignition switch first then address the other problems. The ignition system has to be working reliably before tackling carb and fuel delivery issues.